INSURANCE FOR LOST POLICY
“Insurance for lost” is a protection program for package showing delivered on the official carrier’s site, but cannot find it.
It’s helpful to areas having package thefts.
Review the policy to understand what’s under protection.
When refunding an item, “Insurance for lost” covers the subtotal of the item, but Shipping costs, taxes are not included. We also do not pay custom/duty fees.
When replacing an item, “Insurance for lost” covers the subtotal of the item, doesn’t cover custom/duty fees.
Delivered but missing package
At our discretion, we requires PACKAGE INVESTIGATE CASE NUMBER from the carrier, and a police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered but can’t find it.
1.Customer files a case to the carrier to locate the package, by stating the package is not delivered to the shipping address, and better offer proof, like door bell records on delivery date, security camera records, etc.
2.Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Wiggins Hair is hair vendor, and offer package protection service to customer's package that has been stolen. To process this package issue, Wiggins hair is requiring a police report.
3.Send Wiggins Hair
*PACKAGE INVESTIGATE CASE NUMBER;
*the police report PDF;
to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon request, Wiggins hair can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony
**Delivered but not received Issue for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered by Wiggins Hair as stolen and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises. Mostly package are collected by family/roommates/neighbors.
Delivered to wrong address
● If the customer input the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, Wiggins Hair considers this as stolen and we will replace the order on behalf of the customer.
(NOTE: Delivery address is subjected to the address offered by carrier’s customer service, but not the address listed on the carrier’s site, as some carrier updates wrong address on website mistakenly and some may due to the express address system issue.)
Input wrong address
● If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, *Insurance for lost* does not cover this.
● The customer needs to reach out to the customer service to remedy the incorrect address before it’s shipping out.
Too late to file
● Wiggins Hair can action an *DELIVERED BUT NOT RECIEVED ISSUE* that is filed within the bounds of our timeline policy. If an order issue is filed outside of this timeline, we will deny the request according to these policies:
● Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises."
● Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") is not under protection of "Insurance for lost", but Wiggins hair will be responsible for it, as for the shortage of workers, the transit might be stopped because of it’s mistakenly operated, like not been scanned at certain facility, please allow 7-14days time, 80% package would be delivered finally even without tracking info updated on the carriers’ site.
Expedited shipping hasn't arrived
● If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, “Insurance for lost” will not cover it.
● Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
● If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, "Insurance for lost" will not cover it.
Payment installment companies
● For payment installments (pay in 4, etc.), it is the customer’s responsibility to pay the payment installment company directly.
● Once seller refunds the customer for their order, the customer must pay their installments to the payment installment company directly.
No tracking information
● “Insurance for lost” reserves the right to deny order issues where no tracking number/information is available.
● All packages shipped out have tracking info.
Closed “Delivery but not received issues”
● If a customer does not respond within 5 days, Seller will automatically close the reported issues. And will not be protected by the "Insurance for lost" any more.
Didn't want “INSUREANCE LOST”
● If the customer’s package has not shipped, SELLER can refund the payment for “Insurance lost”.
● If the item has shipped, “Insurance for lost” is already protecting the package and cannot refund the customer.
When and how do I contact the shipping carrier?
There may be situations in which you will be directed to the shipping carrier for further assistance.
These situations include:
● Package is available for pickup
● Delivery was attempted and needs to be rescheduled
● Delivered but not received
In these instances, we advice contacting the carrier (UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, etc...) directly as their team can help you locate and receive your package. They will likely ask for your tracking number, address, and may require a form of identification.
● Below are support links to common carriers, but any other carrier's contact info can be found on their respective websites.
Where to find the package shows delivered but I don’t have it?
Before filing a request on “Insurance of lost”, we have 5 days to find the package, as feedback from customers, 90% packages can be found within 5 days, some packages were kept by family, building super, leasing office,mail room, some found in lobby instead of front door, or the carrier helped get it back, ect. If you have a security camera, check it also helps. Some packages might be delayed in transit or prematurely marked as delivered.
How does Seller handle chargebacks on “delivery but not received issue”?
For customers who purchased “Insurance for lost”:
If a customer files a chargeback, *Insurance for lost* will be invalid immediately.
If the customer stops the chargeback and is not refunded, it’s still under protection.
Deadlines to report an “DELIVERY BUT NOT RECEIVED” issue?
Between 5 and 15 days of when the package was marked delivered
If a customer files a chargeback, “Insurance for lost” will be invalid immediately.
"INSURANCE FOR LOST" requires these wait-to-file periods for stolen and lost orders as packages are sometimes delayed in transit or prematurely marked as delivered.
What if I didn’t want “INSURANCE FOR LOST” Package Protection?
● If your item has shipped, "INSURANCE FOR LOST" is protecting your package that is currently in transit. If your package is lost, seller will replace the item for you after reviewing the PACKAGE INVESTIGATE CASE NUMBER from the carrier, and police report.
● If your item hasn't shipped, seller can refund the cost of “INSURANCE FOR LOST”.
Wiggins Hair reserves the right to cancel or change any program without notice at any time.
How to contact Wiggins Hair?
WhatsApp: +86 18339906150
iMessage: +86 18339906150
Customer Service Available:
Our Business Hours Are Monday To Saturday From 5:00 PM To 3:00 AM (GMT - 8).