Lace front wigs are constructed of human hair and are hand-tied onto a sheer, lace base. They are considered the closest thing to a person's own hair and are quite natural in appearance. These wigs can be worn for weeks and are treated virtually the same as your own hair, swimming, exercising, bathing and sleeping in it. However, that means the lace front wig is subject to the same reactions to humidity and other conditions that cause flyaway hair or frizz.
1. Spray hair with a mixture of 90 percent water and 10 percent conditioner, one section at a time prior to biweekly shampooing. This will prevent the hair from swelling up and tangling during shampooing. Once hair is completely, and gradually wetted down, you must brush it thoroughly.
2. Wash the hair every week or two with a clarifying shampoo. This will remove buildup and will prevent tangles.
3. Apply leave-in conditioner every day. This is the mixture of 10 percent conditioner and 90 percent water placed in a spray bottle.
4. Saturate the ends of the hair with olive oil a few times a week before going to bed.
5. Sleep with a satin scarf on your hair or on a satin pillowcase to prevent tangles and frizz.
6. Braid the hair into a couple of large braids prior to swimming or exercising and even before going to sleep to minimize frizz and flyaways.